Charlton Lawn Tennis Club
Address: Charlton Park, Calder Highway (PO Box 124), Charlton, Vic. 3525
Phone: President, 0408 579 228
- 16 Grass Courts
- 2 Hardcourts with lighting
- Clubhouse and surrounds
The club was first formed in 1881 and with the recent 125 year celebrations is thought to be one of the oldest tennis clubs in Australia. Copies of the history book, “CHARLTON LAWN TENNIS CLUB – The First 125 Years” are still available for sale from the club at $10 each.
Affiliated with the North Central Lawn Tennis Association, the competition includes the towns of Nullawil, Birchip, Wycheproof, St.Arnaud, Donald and Charlton.
- Senior Tennis - played Saturday afternoons. Competitive tennis with a social atmosphere.
- Midweek Ladies - played Thursday mornings. Great tennis in the cool of the day.
- Junior Tennis - played Thursdays after school.
- Hardcourt Tennis - available all year round. Lighting hire available from Vale of Avoca B&B ($10 per hour plus $10 deposit).
- Seniors : $110 plus $5 green fees
- Midweek: $110 plus $3 green fees
- Juniors: $55
The Club also holds an annual three day tournament over the Australia Day weekend which is a major fundraiser for the club. See event calendar for further details and entry forms.
We welcome any potential members to come and have a hit, young or old, in a family-friendly, relaxed atmosphere.