Charlton Courthouse Gallery
8 Camp Street, Charlton, Victoria, 3525
Open by appointment. Group bookings welcome. Call Carolyn on 0418 361 971
Located in the former Charlton Courthouse (1883), this beautifully restored building is now used as a community gallery and meeting place. Decommissioned in 1982, the courthouse is worth visiting just to view the main courtroom with the judge’s bench still in situ and the amazing crazed ceiling. The gallery is host to a semi permanent photographic display and regular exhibitions from local and visiting artists. With terrific acoustic qualities it is also the perfect venue for small musical gatherings.
Please note: No wheelchair access.